International Tutus in new Joburg Ballet Production
A classic fairy-tale of evil defeated and love triumphant, Joburg Ballet opens its 2019 season with a new production of The Sleeping Beauty, staged by former British ballerina Maina Gielgud, from Friday 29 March 2019, to Sunday 7 April 2019, at Joburg Theatre. Set to Tchaikovsky’s sweeping romantic score, played live by the Johannesburg Philharmonic Orchestra, this production is made possible by a grant of over R1 460 000, from the National Lotteries Commission.
Through an evil spell cast by the wicked fairy Carabosse, Princess Aurora pricks her finger and falls into a deep sleep for 100 years, but it takes just one kiss from her Prince to guarantee a happy-ever-after ending for this bewitching ballet.
Sleeping Beauty Competition:
- This competition Closes on Wednesday, 27 March 2019.
- Tickets are only valid for the specified dates and performance times.
- Seat allocations are up to the discretion of the promoters.
- Tickets may not be upgraded, or exchanged for cash, or for alternate performances.
- The prize comprises of two tickets per prize winner.
- No-Shows will not receive replacement tickets.
- By entering this competition, the participant agrees to the terms and conditions.
- Prizes does not include accommodation and / or travel to and from the event.
- Winners will be notified by mail.
- One Entry per Email Address will be entered into the draw.