Virtuoso Guitar Duo introduces 12th Album, Starstruck
CH2, the multi-international award-winning duo from South Africa, keeps going from strength to strength with their latest hit album, Starstruck, the duo’s 12th album to date. With their flawless, effortless technique and pulsating rhythms, they showcase what can be done on only two – classical – guitars, creating a very exciting instrumental pop sound whilst mimicking drum sounds and bass guitar all at the same time.
Having been crowned the world’s greatest guitarists in the Lee Ritenour Six String Theory International Guitar Competition in the USA, CH2 has truly developed their own style unique to the band and continues to blow people away with their flair and extreme virtuosity.
The members of CH2, Corneille Hutten and Dirkie Van Staden, keep challenging themselves with new techniques every day and see themselves as pioneers of the classical guitar, pushing the instrument into genres it is not known for.
A number of exciting international, African and local collaborations are featured on the album;
Added to this, the album is graced with the musician mastery of world-class artists like Denny Lalouette on bass (Josh Groban, Leo Sayer, Chris de Burgh, Shirley Bassey, Andy Narell (American steel drum player), Demis Roussos, Patrizio Buanne, Michael Gibbs (British arranger), Joe Henderson (American jazz saxophonist), Trevor Rabin, (Dana Winner) and Brendan Ross on sax (who played for the legend Johnny Clegg).
CH2 has recently been accepted into one of the biggest movie libraries in the world that supplies Hollywood and Bollywood music for A-list movies.
They are the perfect corporate as well as show-stopper outfit for events, theatre shows and festivals.
Due to popular ongoing demand from fans, CH2 are constantly on the road, touring.
- Brooklyn Theatre, Pretoria: Sunday 11 August at 15h00 (ticketspace.co.za)
- Paputzis Restaurant, Linden: Sunday 1 September from 12h00 (082 573 8416)
- Rockwood Theatre, Pretoria: Saturday 7 September at 20h00 (rockwoodtheatre.co.za)
- Lucit Restaurant, Pretoria: Sunday 8 September, (083 306 2830)
- Lagom Cafe, Pretoria: Thursday 12 September, (quicket.co.za)
- Hilton Arts Festival, KZN: Friday 13 to Sunday 15 September, (hiltonfestival.co.za)
- Aardklop Festival: Wednesday 24 to Thursday 25 September, (ticketpros.co.za)